A Conservation Conversation with Texas BHA
Texas Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, protectors of public land and waters, a 501c3, and one of the fastest growing conservation organizations in North America is preparing for our annual premier event “A Conservation Conversation” in which we get together for a night celebrating conservation, our wild places, and living life close to the land and on the water.
Our night of conservation will take place at the Star Hill Ranch, just southwest of Austin, on August 11th. This idyllic setting is the perfect place to share ideas, grow our community and raise money to maintain and enhance public access.
This year our event features an eclectic group of Texans, all passionate about protecting our wild resources and utilizing them in their daily lives. Joining us for 2022 are:
- Danielle Prewett, Founder of Wild + Whole, Contributing Editor for MeatEater, Texas BHA Board Member
- Ben Masters, Filmmaker, and writer specializing in wildlife and adventure stories including, The River and The Wall (SXSW 2019 Award Winner), Unbranded (Mountainfilm 2015 Audience Award Winner), and Deep in the Heart
- Jesse Griffiths, Chef/Owner of Dai Due Butcher Shop and Supper Club & The New School of Traditional Cookery, Yeti Ambassador, James Beard winner, and Author of both Afield and The Hog Book
- Alvin Dedeaux, Owner of All Water Guides and Yeti Ambassador, 2-time Orvis Guide of the Year finalist
- Patrick Murray, National President of the Coastal Conservation Association, Editor of Tide Magazine, and Author of It’s More Than Fishing